CURE Allergies for Good!
Stop visiting the doctor for relief every time your allergies return. Did you know that allergies can be treated and cured, permanently? The first step is to take an allergy test, to find out what exactly you’re allergic to. Then, through immunotherapy, allergic reactions can be completely eliminated.
One of the biggest frustrations in dealing with allergies is not knowing the cause. Most allergy triggers (also known as antigens) fall into four groups:
- Animal dander — from dogs, cats and cockroaches
- Mold and mildew
- Dust mites
- Pollen — from trees, grass and weeds
Find out what you’re allergic to
Common allergy symptoms include:
- Runny or congested nose, sneezing, chronic cough, recurrent bronchitis, asthma
- Watery and itchy eyes, conjunctivitis (pinkeye)
- Frequent ear infections, headaches, muscle/joint pain, skin rashes and eczema
- Mental problems such as confusion, slow thinking, depression and forgetfulness
Before you can treat your allergies, you need to know exactly what is causing them. TotalCare Walk-In Clinic offers a comprehensive skin allergy test that includes 72 of the most common antigens found in animals, plants, and food. The test is a painless 20-minute procedure where a technician will swab samples of antigens onto your back and then record the skin’s reactions (see video below).
Book an Allergy Test Today
Many of our patients have insurance plans that fully cover the cost of the test. Call us at 909-591-8200 to see what we can do for you.
Once you know the root cause of your allergies, treating them will be much easier. There are three methods of treatment:
- Medication: a short-term solution that may provide temporary relief but does not address the cause of your allergies.
- Avoidance: by knowing the exact cause of your allergic reactions, you may be able to avoid the trigger. However, sometimes this may be impossible. Pollen can travel up to 50 miles, and household dust, cockroaches or hidden mold are not easily detectable. Thus, we usually recommend patients undergo immunotherapy.
- Immunotherapy: a process that desensitizes your body to allergens by introducing them to your body in increasing doses. Eventually the immune system learns to tolerate and then ignore them. There are two types of immunotherapy: shots and drops. TotalCare Walk-In Clinic offers both types of immunotherapy treatment.